Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

We're back from Paris and I'll post some pictures from that tomorrow. Today we slept in because we decided to drive home last night and got in late. Gabby was so happy to see us again. It's very hard on her to be left alone when we leave.

Today is Father's Day and I want to say thank you to my Dad. He's always been a wonderful example of a Christian father and husband. I appreciate the way I was brought up and how he has been there for me. I always felt like I could call on my Dad when I needed anything. We never doubted his love for us. He's always been very patient, loving, kind and tenderhearted. I've said quite a few times that I married someone very much like my Dad. Sam is incredibly patient, sweet and loving and I know he'll be a wonderful father when we decide to have children.

I'm thankful too for my father-in-law. I haven't been in the Thompson family for all that long, but I have felt accepted from the first day. Higgins is someone we can go to for sound advice and I respect his opinion. I appreciate the man he raised Sam to be. He obviously was a wonderful example of a husband and father.

So, Happy Father's Day to both of our Dads. We love you!

Tonight I just wanted to share some pictures that we took of the sheep up the road from us. Every time we drive by we enjoy watching them. So, tonight we decided to walk up and visit. There are so many babies among them. We love where we live. It's not too far from town, but we are still out in the country enough to have sheep right down the street. It's a beautiful place.

No comments: