Pages

Monday, March 19, 2007

Last blog in Hawaii

We are deep into the process of moving and this will probably be the last blog for quite some time. Friday was our last day of work, which ended up being pretty sad for both of us. I know Sam is really going to miss Hawaii. Even though he's wanted to do a tour in Germany for awhile, he loves it here and it's hard for him to want to leave. We both were feeling sad about leaving Friday evening, but at this point we're just wanting to be done with it.
Yesterday and today we've been busy going through boxes getting things ready for the movers. We gave all the food to a neighbor and are finishing up bills and anything else needing to be done online. Tomorrow morning between 8-9 the movers will be here. I'm still playing with the idea of shipping the computer separately because otherwise we will be without it for 3 months. We have to check on prices yet.
Tuesday morning we have an appointment for Gabby. She has to get another microchip, German and American health certificates and a letter of acclimation to go on the plane. Poor little thing will be glad when this is over too. I'm really concerned about how well she is going to handle the trip, but she's probably more resilient than I think she is.
Thursday we leave for Fayetteville to spend a couple of days with Kristy and the kids. Then on Sunday we leave for Germany and are scheduled to get into Stuttgart at 9:00am Germany time on Monday morning. Well, I need to get busy again, but just wanted to let everyone know that there may not be any updates for awhile. This is a very stressful time for us, but hopefully once we get to Germany we can settled down and enjoy. Talk to you all later.

No comments: