Pages

Monday, March 13, 2017

Elly starts 1st grade - 2 September 2015

It's hard for me to wrap my head around how fast the years go by.  Before I knew it Elly was 6 years old and it was time for her to start 1st grade.  My choice has always been for Elly to attend a private Christian school.  Never having gone to a public school myself makes me nervous and hesitant to send Elly.  Since we do live in Germany and our choices of schooling are limited I've had to get used to the idea of sending her to the public school on base.  Homeschooling is an option, but not one I would enter into lightly.  With Elly being an only child I feel she needs more interaction with other children and I think she and I would end up having a hard time of it at home.  Sam and I believe the DoDDS school here is much better than your average public school in the states and, so far, have been very happy with our experience with Elly's education.  

Each year we've done lots of praying and hoping for the best.  We also send a letter to the school administration detailing what kind of environment we would hope for Elly to be in. So far, we've had wonderful teachers.  At the end of last year, I asked Elly's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Biggs, who she would suggest for 1st grade and she mentioned Mrs. Stewart.  She had worked with her in Korea and knew she would be coming to our school this year.  Thankfully, that's who we ended up with and we met her for the first time on the day of the open house just before school was to start.  

She is in a newly built school this year, so we enjoyed checking it out before school started. 

Here Elly's checking out the music room.

Sitting at her desk. 

Elly's name on her desk. 

Elly and her 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Stewart.

First day of 1st grade!






Such a little girl...and such a big campus!!


Waiting to get in line for her classroom.


Saying the Pledge of Allegiance before going to the classrooms.

I LOVE this picture!!
The school has fall and spring photos. This was the fall photo and turned out so cute with her perfectly matched missing front teeth.  I could not love this little girl any more! 
She's precious and we are so proud of her!  

No comments: