We planned to pick it up again in the fall, but by then we didn't know if we wanted to do it again. So, in October my friend, Kim, and I signed our girls up for the Kinder German class on base. Frau Schill is the teacher, so it was basically what we had last year (minus the adult lessons), but I didn't have to have it right in my house. Elly wasn't participating for quite awhile. To the point where I was considering not signing her back up, but then she started singing the songs in class and seemed to enjoy it, so we've stuck with it.
Toward the middle of November, the class had a Lantern Walk (Lanternelaufen) around base. I'm not entirely sure what the whole meaning of it is, but do know it's somehow connected to St. Martin's Day on the 11th of November. To us it was just a fun little German tradition to join in on. We got little German lanterns for the girls to carry and we walked around base singing Lanternelaufen songs. In all honesty, it was very cold, so I was kind of glad when it was done :) Anyhow, here are a few pictures from our Lantern Walk.
The reality of our evening was this....Elly riding on Daddy's shoulders.
I think she missed the memo that it was a Lantern WALK. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment