Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

February review

This past week I was trying to remember the name of the kidney doctor I was seeing while I was pregnant. I looked everywhere with no luck and finally thought to look back at the blogs I wrote during that time. Of course, it was there. Dr. Schafer ~ he was my hero during that difficult period of my pregnancy. I was so thankful for him!

Anyhow... as I was looking for his name I ended up reading various blog posts. I'm so glad I kept up with the blog during that time. It's so fun to go back and read my thoughts. It made me realize how slack I've become in posting to the blog though. It seems like it's become more of a picture blog than my digital journal it started out as. After Elly's birth I had so many pictures to share and not enough time to spend just writing. Hopefully, some day I can change that, but for now....here is a look at March.

If I'm ever really busy and need Elly to occupy herself for awhile all I need to do is open a cupboard and let her at it. She LOVES to get everything out and it keeps her busy for a long time. Elly loves playdough.  When she was younger I made it a couple of times, but she was never very interested in it. A couple of months ago I found a playdough recipe that is made with Jello. It sounded interesting so I made it and it's really the best playdough I've ever made. It's so simple, it smells yummy, it has a very soft texture and stays soft for weeks. Elly has two bowls of it now that have been around for at least 2 months and it's still really nice. Another day....another cupboard. My little girl just loves to get into everything I have in those kitchen cupboards. I think this day I was making Sam's birthday cake and needed a little bit of time :) Yes, I have a mess to clean up later, but it really keeps her busy for some time. I always feel like Sam gets the short end of the stick for his birthday. It's not long after Christmas and somehow I seem to always run late for his gifts. It doesn't help that he gives me NOTHING to go on and whatever he does ask for cannot be shipped over here. All in all it makes getting him a gift quite difficult.  This year he requested lasagna for dinner, so I made that and an ice cream cake. We didn't have anyone over for his birthday, so we had a quiet evening with just us.

Elly loved to see the process of making Sam's cake and when it was done she wanted a picture with him. For the first time this year she's understanding that everyone has a birthday and that it's a special celebration. She keeps asking me when her birthday is now. Around the 10th Elly was really sick. Several days before that she just seemed "off" and I was wondering if she was coming down with something. Poor little thing. I was working down in the guest room so she was laying on the bed watching a movie. That was the first time I realized how sick she was. When Elly is just laying and not talking there must be something wrong. Over the next couple of days she got really sick. She would throw up a couple times each morning. My theory is that she wasn't eating much and had so much mucus draining that it just made her sick to her stomach. This was the first time she ever threw up. There were about 5 days where she ate basically nothing. After that week, I noticed a definite change in Elly's appearance. She lost some of her baby fat during those tough days. This was toward the end of the month and Elly was finally feeling better. We had just walked in the house after coming home from church and opened the back patio door. Elly was right back outside. I was only able to get her out of her church shoes before she was out that door playing in the sand. She sure loves to be outside.
Well, that is a quick review of February.  Seems I am forever trying to catch up on this blog.  I guess it's a wonderful thing to have a life so full that it's difficult to find the time to blog about it.  I do try to keep it updated though.  Well, I'm off to see if I can get another post done before Elly wakes from her nap :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I always enjoy reading an updated post and seeing the photos! Thank you again for sharing your life! We love and miss you all!