Pages

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Various September Happenings

This post is just a "catch all" for all the little things that went on in September that don't really fit into any other post. The months go by so quickly and I've been playing catch up since we got back from the states in June. I feel like it shouldn't have taken me this long to get the blog up to date, but with a busy little two year old in the house it's not like I have lots of time.

September started a really busy time for us. I signed Elly up for a Tumbling class that met every Tuesday morning. I really thought it would be great for her to be with other kids her age and get some of her energy out. Problem is she didn't want to interact at all while we were there. All she wanted was for Mama to hold her. I think it was intimidating to her. Lots of kids running around and loud music. She did start to interact a little bit, but in general we spent the whole hour on the sideline because she didn't want anything to do with it. That class was over at the end of October and, needless to say....I didn't sign her up for the next Tumbling class. Maybe in a few more months I'll see if she likes it again.

MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers) and PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel) Bible Study also started in September and I just LOVE these meetings. I started MOPS last year and fell in love with it. It's such a great group of women who are all experiencing similiar life situations. It's a great place to meet other women and the meetings are a lot of fun.

I heard about the PWOC Bible Studies last year, but didn't want to start mid year. So, this year I planned to get in on it from the beginning. There are lots of Bible studies to choose from, but the one I went with is Believing God by Beth Moore. It's awesome! It's been so encouraging to be in this weekly Bible study. It's been a wonderful addition to my life. God is so good!

Anyhow, on to the pictures...

I tried painting with Elly when she was younger, but she just wasn't interested in it at all. She didn't like the mess and didn't want it on her fingers. It's been a few months since then and thought I would try it again. Of course, this time she LOVED it. And I found out a couple of things about my girl. At least for now, she loves pink, blue and purple. She would only paint on the pink or white sheets of construction paper and she tried all the paint colors, but decided she really liked the blue and purple the best. I just love how she's getting opinions of her own these days :)










For awhile, when I would tell her to smile this is what I got. A grin with her lower jaw stuck out. She thought it was the funniest thing. I'm glad she's moved on past that :)


Alot of times in the morning when I'm getting her breakfast ready she likes to sit on the kitchen counter and watch me. I just love her so much and love how she wants to be around me all the time. I hope she always does.




We ended up getting this smaller pool for Elly. The other one is nice if we're going to get in it with her, but this is a better size for just her. It's much easier to fill with water and she can get in and out by herself.


My cat is crazy. She goes wild over spices. I've noticed there are certain ones that make her act like she's on kitty crack. This day, I walked into the kitchen and found her like this. She had gotten into the groceries and stolen a taco seasoning packet. There were bite marks all over it and powder all over the floor. She's a rotten cat.







This summer I bought some tomato plants, primarily for the green tomatoes. I love my Mom's Green Tomato Relish, but anytime she would send some it would arrive having gone bad. The seals must have been broken during flight is all I can figure. Anyhow, so I figured if I was going to have some of that yummy relish I was just going to have to make it myself. All summer long I babies these plants and tried to keep Elly away from them because she could hardly keep herself from picking the tomatoes. They were getting blossom rot in August so I picked them all and was able to get two batches of relish from those. Over the next several weeks the plants kept producing little tomatoes, so finally I let Elly pick off any that were left. She loved it. She's such a great little helper.






Elly loves Daddy's scooter. He makes her day sometimes by giving her little rides around the driveway.


We love going for walks around town. Elly spends alot of the time up on Daddy's shoulders, but we try to get her to walk some too. We have such a nice little town to walk in. Just outside of town it's all country.




Sam decided to play flag football this year. Elly and I didn't make it to too many of the games because it was pretty rainy and the games ended up being late in the evenings. Elly enjoyed going to them though.






Elly still thinks it's hilarious to wear Daddy's big shoes. Little stinker!


This was so funny! Sam told me to come look at Elly and this is what I saw. She had climbed up to the table, donned my glasses and was looking through the mail. She was so cute in those glasses.

Well, that wraps up September, for the most part. I have one more post that I'm working on. I hope to get it finished and posted before too long. Then maybe I can get October done and finally be caught up. I love blogging and love the journaling aspect of it so I really work at keeping this up to date. I got very behind with being gone for those 2 1/2 months in the states. I'm getting there though! Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are painting with Elly. (So planned out, I might add!) I love seeing the orange paint in her hair. That is when you really know they are 'getting into' the swing of painting. :)
I see Elly's mommy in those last pictures. A real little secretary! Very nice. Love you all. Mom

Cheryl said...

Hello to all of you! We really miss you and love seeing all the photos. We have had such wonderful times with you, and our trip there was so very special. Thank you for taking the time to share your lives with us. What a great way to keep track of the changing events and times in your lives! Love you all!