Pages

Monday, November 09, 2009

Look who's 6 month old!

I'm blown away that Ellyanna is already 6 months old! She is so sweet and gets more precious every day. I love her so much and am completely smitten with her. She's so fun and laughs so easily anymore. What a little gift she is!

I was just saying to Sam that it's easy to forget how little she is because of her huge personality. You start to see this person emerge where there was once just a helpless little being. She's such a pleasant little thing. I love how she wakes up in the mornings. She usually just lays in bed talking to herself or blowing "raspberries" and every so often trying out her scream. She will stay in bed for a long time keeping herself entertained. When I do finally go in she gives me the biggest smile and just wiggles all over. I call it her "happy dance".

We've been in Kansas at Ft. Leavenworth for over a week now. Unfortunately, I've been sick the entire time. Really sick. Last Saturday we finally went to a doctor. That was worthless, to say the least, but at least it was confirmed that I did not have H1N1. For that I'm thankful. My real concern was that Sam and Elly would get sick too. It would be hard on Sam because he's in this training that he has to attend. And it would just break my heart to see Ellyanna as sick as I had been. Thankfully, the last couple of days I've started to feel a little better each day. Elly seems to have a bit of a fever though and has been sleeping alot today. I'm hoping that she just gets a touch of the sickness and gets over it quickly.

Sunday afternoon our good friend, Bill, came down from Ft. Leonardwood to visit us. He and Sam go back quite a few years. We knew him back in Hawaii. It was so nice to visit with him again. Some friends are just so comfortable that you can not see them in several years, but when you do get back together it's as if you haven't been apart at all. Ellyanna really flirted with him. She gave Uncle Bill lots of smiles.

This Friday is Sam's last day of class. As soon as the graduation is finished we're heading to the airport and hoping we make our flight. We scheduled it a little too close to when he finishes, so it could be a little stressful. We'll fly to Pittsburg then head down to West Virginia to see my Grandma Thorne. We'll be there a couple of days then head on back to Pennsylvania to spend a week with Sam's parents. I'm really hoping to be feeling a lot better and able to enjoy our visit with family.

Well, that's about what's been going on here. Here are a few pictures from the last week

Here we are on the flight from Stuttgart to Atlanta

Ellyanna playing in the bassinet

My sweet girl :)

Finally in Kansas...and she was still in a good mood.

Ellyanna and Daddy on his first day of class

On our way down to breakfast that first morning.

Thanks to jet lag, this little lady was wide awake at 4:00am...

...giving me cute looks...

...wondering why Mama keeps taking her picture...

...but, figuring that must be what Mommies do.

She pulled a pillow over on top of herself

Looks like it pinned her

Out for a walk and to meet Daddy for lunch

Ellyanna's favorite way to sleep...face covered and blankets kicked off

My adorable little water baby

Bill with me and Ellyanna

Sam and Bill

Water bottles are her most recent favorite thing to play with

My happy girl...what a ham!

No comments: