Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mom and Dad are coming to Germany!!!

We're having problems with our internet, so I haven't been able to post for awhile. Of course, that's only been this last week. Prior to that I really don't have an excuse other than I've been busy. Mom and Dad are on their way here today and we'll be picking them up at Frankfort in the morning. I'm so excited about them coming! It's going to be fun showing them how life is over here. I'm also excited about 3 weeks off of work :) I kept thinking they were going to arrive here this morning and had taken the day off work for it, then on Tuesday I starting thinking about it and realized they were coming a day later. The 10 hour time difference got me confused. So, I worked half a day today and still had this afternoon to run to the commissary and finish getting the house around.

I miss blogging more, but there's been a distict lack of time for it since I started work. There's a big change coming in my job too. Just today I accepted another position. I've had two job offers I've been weighing the pros and cons on, but finally decided to go with the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC). It's still Human Resources, just for another part of the Army. Anyhow, I'll probably go back to my current position for a week or two then start the other job. Should be interesting.

Our lives are going to be changing too with adopting Mom and Dad's cat. Since Dad's so allergic, it's best for them and the cat for us to take him. We're just hoping Gabby eventually accepts the idea of having another cat in the house. She's always been so spoiled by us.

We were having beautiful weather just a week ago, but it's gotten pretty chilly and cloudy. It'll be nice to have Mom and Dad here regardless of the weather, but I do hope it clears up again so they have a nice vacation. Well, I need to finish up the house. Until next time...

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Misty I know what you mean not being able to blog. What has it been now for me, since December. Not good. Anyway I am so glad that your Mom and Dad are coming. Enjoy the time with them cause it will go fast. Have fun, give them a hug for me. I am Beckys laptop so will see you later. May God Bless.