Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

We finally have our own vehicle

Someday I will learn to save my posts as I go. I had just spent awhile typing and ended up losing it all. AAARRRRRHHHHH!!!!! Soooo..... I'll try this again.

Our truck has finally arrived! We didnt' expect it for another month. Last Friday we went to pick it up at Panzer. Unfortunately it didn't pass the safety inspection. It needs all new tires, which Sam knew but just hadn't gotten around to ordering yet. So, we have temporary plates until then. Tomorrow, the tires should be in and we'll drop the truck off in the morning to have them put on.

Our new landlord, Herr Mueller, called and wants to meet with us on Sunday to hand over the keys. We'll probably move in on 1 May since that's when our contract begins. It's going to be so nice to have a place of our own again. I'm not sure who will be happier....us or Gabby. She's going stir-crazy in the hotel room.

Speaking of Gabby... I think she may have terrorized the housekeeper yesterday. I don't know for sure, but there are some signs that the housekeeper may have left in a hurry. I usually stay home on the day the room is to be cleaned (one day a week). I take Gabby out on the balcony until the cleaning is done. Well, yesterday I had to go to work with Sam to get our reimbursement paperwork done and turned in. We left a note on our door saying that our cat was in there and to be careful she didn't get out. (Sam wrote the note in German, so I can only assume that's what it said) Anyhow, when I came home later, the room wasn't as clean as it usually is and the bed was only partially made. The sheet was just draped over the bed and not tucked in and the nightstand was moved out of place. Gabby usually hides under the bed if someone comes in and I'm thinking she may have gotten nasty and given the housekeeper quite a scare when she started to make the bed. I'm almost afraid to ask. I just hope she didn't leave any marks.

Last Friday evening Sam worked at the SAS Lock-in and didn't get off until 8:00 Saturday morning. He slept most of that day, but that evening we went to eat at a Chinese restaurant here in Vaihingen. The food I got did not set well with me, so we didn't go to church on Sunday. Later in the day when I was feeling a little better we went for a drive. We wanted to find Robinson Barracks, which is mostly military housing, but also has the furniture store. We got pretty lost, but took some nice pictures along the way. The one above is just driving into a village. I think we were lost at this place, but we stopped and took some pictures of these old buildings.

An old Bavarian style building. I love the old style buildings here.

An old barn beside the road

A vineyard on the way to Robinson Barracks

We did finally make it to Robinson and this is looking down the hill from the furniture store

Because of working all night Friday, Sam had Monday off. So we took the train to downtown Stuttgart. It's so beautiful down there. So many beautiful old buildings. Pictures really don't do it justice, but here are a few from Monday.

An old castle like building in Stuttgart city center

Ivy growing up the side of this old building

Me standing in from of a fountain at the city center

Sam with the city center in the background Like I said, the pictures really don't do it justice. There is so much detail on the old buildings that you just can't see in a picture. Well, that's about it for now. Sam will be getting off of work before too long and I want to go to the commissary before that, so I better get busy.

No comments: