Pages

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Life is too short

Life is so short and it's never quite as evident as when you know someone that has just passed away. There was a young soldier that worked in our office at Tripler when I first started there 1 1/2 years ago. She was a few months pregnant and had just found out she had cancer. She went through chemo and seemed to be doing alright. I'd see her from time to time and she always had such a sweet attitude. Well, yesterday I heard that she was in the hospital and was expected to live only another 2-3 weeks. This morning I received an email saying she passed away during the night. She leaves behing her 1 year old daughter and husband.

It's so easy to get caught up in life and forget that this is only a trial for what follows. It convicts me to be more forward with talking to others about Christ. It also makes me realize how fleeting life is and to appreciate those I love and try to enjoy each day I have with them.

No comments: